Woodland Wedding Cake Class (online)
Learn to make this gorgeous, rustic woodland themed wedding cake
Learn to hand texture and colour the sugar paste to give a realistic tree bark effect
This style of cake is also perfect for other occasions – not just weddings!
I will teach you to make this 2 tiered version of the cake, but it can easily be adapted to a smaller or larger design. This online class will be streamed live on Friday 14th May and Saturday 15th May 2021 via a private FB group.
The recordings will be available to watch back at any time in the group – perfect if you cannot make the live class, or want to refresh your skills at a later date. BONUS PDF tutorials for additional woodland animals. All skills will be taught in simple, step by step demonstrations, making this class suitable for beginners to cake decorating, as well as those looking to update their existing skills
Woodland Wedding Cake Class (ONLINE)
In this online class you will learn how to make this rustic, woodland themed 2 tier wedding cake, complete with fox bride and groom toppers.
This live online class will take place in a private Facebook group on
Friday 14th and Saturday 15th May 2021
Want to learn how to decorate a cake with a rustic tree bark effect?
I will teach you to create this texture by hand – no moulds or impression mats required, just very simple modelling tools.
Or how to make these cute woodland fox bride and groom toppers?
I will teach you simple modelling skills and techniques, which you can use to create other toppers too.
You will learn how to colour the cakes using both an airbrush and with hand dusting techniques. Making this class suitable for those who don’t own an airbrush machine.
Can’t watch live? Not a problem….
The demonstrations will be available to watch as videos at any time afterwards in the group – as often as you like – and the group will stay open for you to access the videos whenever you need to.
You will be sent a link to join the group after purchasing this online class (please check your spam/junk folders if you do not receive an email). If you have any problems with your email/link, please get in touch
Alternatively, visit my FB page, click on ‘groups’ and select the correct group for this online class.
You will learn to:
- Fill 8″ and 6″ round sponge cakes with buttercream
- Achieve a smooth crumb coat finish with chocolate ganache
- Cover the cakes with sugar paste, including hand texturing the bark effect
- Cover a cake drum to give a sliced log effect finish, including hand painting
- Create an ‘engraved heart with initials’ effect
- Create a ‘knot’ effect in the bark finish
- Colour the cake with an airbrush to create a realistic effect
- Colour the cake by hand dusting to achieve a realistic effect
- Dowel and stack a 2 tier cake
- Hand model a fox bride and groom wedding cake topper
- Create and colour autumn sugar leaves
- Use silicone moulds to create autumn themed nuts and seeds
What is included in this online class:
- Live demonstrations of all every stage of decorating, stacking, modelling and finishing this 2 tier cake – during which time you can ask questions ‘live’ via the FB group
- Recipes for sponge cakes, buttercream and ganache will be available in the private FB group before the class date
- Downloadable PDF pictorial of the fox bride and groom cake topper models
- Recordings of the live classes will be available for you to watch afterwards at any time in the private Facebook group
- I will be on hand in the private FB group to provide support if you have any questions before, during and after this class
- You can stay in the group for as long as you wish, to access the videos and recipes
I would recommend that you watch the live demonstrations and then make your cake/models at your leisure afterwards, whilst watching the replays if necessary.
This class is suitable for beginners and intermediate cake decorators.
This class will be demonstrated live in a private Facebook Group across 2 days, to allow for drying times.
Friday 14th May 2021
Fill 8″ & 6″ round sponge cakes with buttercream
Crumb coat cakes with chocolate ganache to a smooth finish
Cover cake drum in sugar paste and hand colour
Make sugar leaves and seeds/nuts
Saturday 15th May 2021
Cover both cakes with hand textured sugar paste
Create ‘knot’ effect for tree
Add personlised details – initials/heart
Apply colour to cakes – both airbrushing and hand colouring techniques will be demonstrated
Stack the 2 tiered cake
Colour the sugar leaves and seeds/nuts
Model Fox bride and groom toppers
Add models, accessories and ribbon to finish cake
Live demonstrations will start at 9.30am each day (UK time)
There will be short breaks during the class, as well as a longer break over lunchtime
All demonstrations are being recorded, and will be available to watch back in the Facebook group at any time after the live class.
This Woodland Wedding Cake Class is an online class, which is accessed via a private Facebook group
You will receive a link, via email, to join the group after purchase (please check your junk/spam folders for email if you don’t receive it).
You will remain a member of the group for as long as you wish, which means you can access the recordings of the live class at any time.
Any problems, please get in touch
What equipment will I need?
You will need a basic cake decorating kit, such as rolling pins, spatula, cake boards, dowels, rolling pin etc, as well as some simple modelling tools and cutters. I also use a silicone mould for creating the various nuts and seeds.
The texture for the cake is made with simple modelling tools, no need to buy a mould or impression mat for this.
I have tried to keep equipment required to a minimum, without the need for buying expensive tools.
An airbrush is useful, but certainly not essential, as I will show you how to colour the cakes in an alternative way for those who don’t have one.
The full list of equipment and materials will be available in the private FB group, but if you have any questions before purchasing the class, please get in touch with me to ask for more information.
Terms and conditions
Please read the class terms and conditions before booking.
Learn how to make other woodland animals with these FREE BONUS PDF tutorial downloads. Includes full colour photographs and step by step instructions to make rabbit, squirrel and hedgehog models.
Do you have any questions?
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else you need to know.