Chocolate Drip Cake Decorating Class
Saturday 29th May 2021
9.30am – 1.30pm
Class size limited to 4 students for this date to meet Covid safe guidelines
This class is all about the CHOCOLATE!
In this chocolate drip cake class, you will:
Layer, fill and cover this delicious 6″ round chocolate sponge cake
Create a luxurious chocolate drip effect, before decorating with an array of chocolates
This class suitable for ALL skill levels, including beginners
Everything you need to complete your cake will be provided for you to use at the class
Take home your stunning masterpiece to enjoy with family and friends
Out of stock
You will learn to:
- Layer and fill your 6″ round chocolate cake with delicious chocolate buttercream
- Coat your cake with a generous layer of decadent chocolate ganache
- Achieve a smooth ganache finish
- Apply a luxurious chocolate drip effect
- Decorate with a selection of chocolates (may vary from photograph)
- Colour sugar paste using professional colours
- Cover a cake board with sugar paste to obtain a smooth finish
- Finish your cake board with a satin ribbon, for a professional look
During the class, I will:
- Demonstrate how to make a batch of chocolate ganache for covering the cake
- Demonstrate how to make chocolate ganache for the drip effect
- Show to how to complete each part of the cake, step by step
- Be on hand to help and advise you as you work on your own cake
- Answer any questions you may have related to this cake class
There will also be light refreshments, such as biscuits, available too.
Please note that finishing time is approximate, depending on speed students work, so please allow extra time when planning your travel, in case the class runs over.
More details about location can be found here.
What equipment will I need?
After the class:
You will take home your cake to enjoy, as well as the skills and knowledge to recreate it at home.
I will email you recipes for:
- chocolate sponge cake
- chocolate buttercream
- chocolate ganache – for coating the cake
- chocolate ganache – for the drip effect
I will be happy to answer any questions you may have relating to the products or techniques used in this class, so please do not hesitate to contact me.
Terms and conditions
Please read the class terms and conditions before booking.
There are no hidden costs in my cake classes – the price you see is the price you pay.
ALL equipment (unless stated otherwise in the Equipment section above) is provided for you to use during the class, meaning you don’t need to bring ANYTHING with you.
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 BOOKING GUARANTEE
Class sizes currently reduced to 4 students to allow for safe social distancing.
Additional safety measures in place, including use of face visors/masks, hand sanitiser, increased cleaning/sanitising. If you have any questions about this, please ask.
If the class cannot be held on the scheduled date due to Covid-19 guideline changes/restrictions, a new date will be arranged when it is safe to do so.
If you cannot attend on the new date, you will receive a FULL refund.
Do you have any questions?
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else you need to know.